Tuesday, August 3, 2010



I managed to squeeze in a play day after we returned from the Puget Sound Bead Festival. It was really fun and satisfying to try some new ideas that have been bugging me to try them. It's funny though. My favorite idea that I was so excited about did not work at all. The idea that I was not as excited about, and almost didn't try, lead to a new earring and pendant design that I'm really happy with. I made the first set as a birthday present for myself and have been wearing them ever since. I'm planning to make a few more sets to bring with me to my next two shows.

The first show is this weekend, August 7th and 8th. It is close to home which is soooooo very nice. It is the 7th annual Bead Stampede in Sisters, OR. It is being held at Barkley Park. Artists will be selling handmade one-of-a-kind beads and jewelry from beads and buttons. The hours are 10-4 both days.

The second show is The American Craft Show in San Francisco. This one is August 13-15th at Fort Mason. The whole family is road tripping to this one. They are going to help me set up, take down and do lots of fun stuff while I'm working the show. I've been doing so many shows on my own lately. It will be really nice to have some company and a little help. I'm really excited to eat some yummy San Francisco food too.

I also made my new Aloha Earrings in every color. I'm still pondering which ones I will keep for myself. I just can't decide on the color. I like them all.

I listed them all on Etsy, except for these ones in Red Orange. For some reason the pictures wouldn't upload. So if you would like this color let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment